The 'Visitor Settings' tab is where changes to the visitor flow can be made. You can also make changes to increase the privacy controls when a visitor signs in/out.
Visitor settings can be accessed by logging into your SwipedOn web dashboard and navigating to the 'Settings' tab on the left of the screen and then clicking on 'Visitor Settings'.
Employee (Host) selection
- If toggled ON, visitors will be required to select an employee (host) to visit.
- If toggled OFF, visitors will not be required to select an employee (host) to visit.
Display host signed out status
- If toggled ON, visitors who select a host who is not signed in will be shown a notification that the employee is signed out, including any signed out message that the employee has left.
- If toggled OFF, visitors will not be notified if the host they select is not currently signed in.
*This setting will only display if Employee In/Out is enabled on at least one iPad.
Visitor Auto Sign Out
- If toggled ON, visitors who forget to sign out will be auto-signed out at midnight.
- If toggled OFF, visitors will stay signed in.
Privacy settings for Visitors
Employee (Host) selection - List view
- If toggled ON, visitors are presented with a list of employees (hosts) to choose from.
- If toggled OFF, visitors are required to search for their host by entering the hosts full name.
*Changing this setting to OFF is considered to be a stricter privacy control, as visitors are not presented with the entire staff list.
Saved visitor (‘Remember me’)
- If toggled ON, a 'Remember Me' toggle will appear on the visitor sign in. If a visitor choses to use this, their- details will be remembered for a faster sign in next time.
- If toggled OFF, visitors will not be remembered.
*Changing this setting to OFF is considered a stricter privacy control, as visitor information is not automatically saved.
- If toggled ON, SwipedOn will auto-suggest visitor names to choose from (allowing quicker sign in / out) once the first 3 letters are entered.
- If toggled OFF, visitors will be required to enter their full name and company name.
*Changing this setting to OFF is considered a stricter privacy control, as visitors will need to have an exact match made on their name and company - rather than the alternative, which will start presenting the visitor with auto-suggested options after the first 3 letters of their name is entered.