Keeping employees up to date with expected and, sometimes, unexpected visitors, is something that SwipedOn understands. We've included two ways for which employees can receive notifications of their guests, these are via email and SMS.
One of the benefits of receiving notification through your email is the 'free' factor! This system leverages your existing email address to deliver visitor notifications straight to your inbox. SMS on the other hand, despite having costs involved, also provides an additional layer to the notification experience.
Configuring Email Notifications
- Log into the SwipedOn web dashboard.
- Navigate to the 'Settings' tab.
- Click on 'Notification Settings'.
- Click the 'Use Email Notifications' toggle to the right to enable email notifications.
*Please note, to disable email notifications, toggle the bar to the left.
CC Email Notifications
This feature is useful when more than one person requires an email notification that a visitor has arrived. Below are the different options available:
- Assistant CC Email: is used to CC in an assistant or any other person who you wish to receive your visitor notifications too, this is added in the 'employees' tab below the employees email address.
- Global CC Email: this sends a copy of all email notifications to a single email account. The employee with a visitor will also receive the notification, this is enabled from the 'Notification Settings' tab.
- Central Email: this sends all visitor notifications to a single email account. No individual employee is notified, this too, is enabled from the 'Notification Settings' tab.
*Please note, SwipedOn in no way integrates or requires any configuration with your mail system. The email address specified upon employee account creation in the dashboard is the only reference point that is used to send the notification to your employee. The rest is left up to email routing protocols.