This method should be used when you are required to remove all data associated with a visitor, including all of the individual visits they may have had.
Example use case: A visitor, Simon Smith, has asked you to remove all personal information you have collected on him.
Please note, to anonymize a visitor, you firstly need to archive the visitor, you will then anonymize from the archive view and only signed-out visitors can be archived.
To anonymize a visitor, follow the below steps:
Archive the visitor
- Select a visitor in the Visitors tab
- Click the 'Archive Selection' button
- Click 'Archive' in the confirmation box
- Once the visitor is archived, the data will appear as shown below
Anonymizing the visitor
- Navigate to the Archive tab
- Select the visitor you wish to anonymize
- Click the 'Anonymize Selection' button
- Confirm the action by entering your login password and click 'Anonymize'.
- Once the visitor is anonymized, the data will appear as shown below.
*Please note, the visitor is now anonymized, this can be checked by navigating to the 'Timeline' view. You should now see the row entry with all personal information removed. In busy times, this process may take a minute or two, so please refresh your page.