At SwipedOn, security is a priority.
We understand that the protection and security of our customer data is our most important responsibility. Thousands of companies around the world trust SwipedOn to treat their data with respect it deserves.
Our full legal documents can be found here:
What personal information do we collect?
When we talk about Your Data, we are concerned with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) - information that links back to a real human.
There are two different categories of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that need to be considered in the use of SwipedOn:
- (a) Account and Marketing Data: Personal information that we collect when you register an account or interact with us via our website or dashboard.
- (b) Visitor and Employee Data: Personal information about your visitors or employees that is input into the SwipedOn service.
Account and Marketing Data
For Account and Marketing Data, SwipedOn is considered the Data Controller.
We collect this information when you set up your SwipedOn account, or interact with us for support. Examples include but not limited to:
- Company name
- Company location
- Company logo or screensavers
- Visitor agreements
- Any data you share with us when we interact with you (support matters etc.)
Visitor and Employee Data
For Visitor and Employee Data, SwipedOn is considered the Data Processor.
When it comes to Visitor and Employee Data, we understand that you, our customer (and only you) determine the purposes and means of processing personal data. In particular:
- (a) the visitor and employee data collected is determined solely you our customer;
- (b) SwipedOn does not use any visitor and employee data for its own purposes (e.g. it does not carry out cross-customer analytics using personal data, and visitor profiles are not stored centrally);
- and (c) you are able to anonymise visitor and employee data as you see fit
- Visitor name
- Visitor company name
- Visitor email
- Visitor photo
- Visitor signed agreement
- Employee name
- Employee email
- Employee phone
- Any other information you decide to capture about your visitors or employees
SwipedOn does not operate any of its own servers in order to provide the SwipedOn service - the service is provided using a number of third-party providers (e.g. AWS).
These providers are considered SwipedOn's Sub-processors.
Please refer to our Terms of service for a full description of our Data Retention policies.
- Your Data (Account and Marketing & Visitor and Employee Data) is stored in full for the length of your active subscription.
- If your paid subscription expires or you cancel your paid subscription we have the right to retain or delete Your Data.
- We retain data for no longer than six months on an expired account, which includes expired Free Trial accounts.
- You can manage Your Data by either archiving or deleting data at any time via your Dashboard or instructing us to do so.
- If at any stage you wish for us to delete your data, we are happy to do this. All Data Subject Requests must be given to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or email@example.com for any questions or support you may require.
If you have any further data retention questions, please feel free to get in contact with our Data Protection Officer, Chris Lawry