What is Anonymization?
Anonymization is the process of turning data into a form which does not identify individuals. Privacy laws, like GDPR, control how organisations use ‘personal data’ – that is information which allows individuals to be identified.
With SwipedOn, it is now possible to anonymize visitor & employee data, therefore helping you and your company comply with GDPR.
Full anonymization of visitor or employee data will achieve the following:
- Anonymize the persons name
- Anonymize the persons company name
- Anonymize the persons custom fields
- Delete the persons photo(s)
- Delete the visitors agreement
- Delete the visitors signature
Anonymizing visitor or employee data will maintain the following:
- The timestamp of the movement record
- The host (employee) that was visited (unless also anonymized)
With SwipedOn, it's possible to anonymize information in three ways:
- This method should be used when you are required to remove all data associated with a visitor, including all of the individual visits they may have had.
Example use case:
A visitor, Simon Smith, has asked you to remove all personal information you have collected on him.
- This method should be used when you wish to only anonymize an individual visit and not the visitor associated. In this case, all or some of the visits can be anonymized from the Timeline tab.
Example use case:
Your business decides that visitor data should only be kept for one month. A visitor, Bob Smith, has visited your business every week for the last year. You can now anonymize all of Bob's visits that are older than a month old but keep the most recent.
- This method should be used when you are required to remove all data associated with an employee, including all the movement history (if applicable).
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or email@example.com for any questions or support you may require.