This method should be used when you are required to remove all data associated with a visitor, including all of the individual visits they may have had.
Example use case: A visitor, Simon Smith, has asked you to remove all personal information you have collected on him.
*Please note, to anonymize a visitor, firstly ensure they are archived, then anonymize from the archive view, only signed-out visitors can be archived.
To anonymize a visitor, follow the below steps:
Archive the visitor
- Select a visitor in the 'Visitors' tab.
- Click the 'Archive Selection' button.
- Click 'Archive' in the confirmation box.
- Once the visitor is archived, the data will no longer appear within the 'Visitors' or 'Timeline' views as they have been moved to the 'Archive' view.
Anonymizing the visitor
- Navigate to the 'Archive' view, select the visitor you wish to anonymize by clicking on the checkbox to the right of their name and then click on the 'Anonymize Selection' button.
- Confirm the action by entering your login password and click 'Anonymize'.
- Once the visitor is anonymized, the data will appear as shown below in the 'Timeline' view. They will not be visible in the 'Visitors' view.
*Please note, the visitor is now anonymized, this can be checked by navigating to the 'Timeline' view. You should now see the row entry with all personal information removed. In busy times, this process may take a minute or two, so please refresh your page.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or email@example.com for any questions or support you may require.