Yes, this is achievable by forwarding the email notification to Slack!
For individual Slack notifications (notifications to your slack):
A forwarding email address can be input, so email notifications are received via Slackbot too!
To achieve this, follow the below steps:
- From your Slack desktop app, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Choose 'Preferences' from the menu.
- Select 'Messages & Media'.
- Scroll down and click on 'Get a Forwarding Address' and copy this address.
- Within the SwipedOn web dashboard, paste the slack-generated address into the 'Assistant Email CC' field within the employees' profile.
*Alternatively the Slack forwarding email can also be used in place of the employees' primary email if they do not want to receive notifications to both email and Slack.
For Slack notifications to a channel (all notifications to a Slack channel):
If your workspace is on a paid Slack account, it can connect the email app and post emails to any channel. Email notifications that are sent to Slack work the same as other messages posted in Slack: they are indexed and searchable by anyone who is part of the conversation.
To set this up, follow the below steps:
- Visit Slack’s App Directory and search for the email app.
- Click 'Install' or 'Add Configuration' if already installed.
- Choose a channel that will display the email notifications.
- Click 'Add Email Integration'.
- Copy the email address, emails sent to this address will post in the channel of your choice.
- Review the app's settings and customize the label, name, and icon.
- Click 'Save Integration'.
- In the SwipedOn dashboard: paste the Slack-generated address into the Global CC or central email field within the 'Settings' > 'Notifications'.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or support you may require.