Visitor Fields are the pieces of information you wish to capture on the iPad when a Visitor signs in, these are broken down into fields and categories.
Required Visitor Fields
The 'Full Name' field and the 'Company Name' (editable) field are mandatory for visitors to fill out when signing in, we require two fields in order to accurately save each visitor into the SwipedOn database. When editing visitor fields, click on the 'Publish' button to save these changes.
Custom Visitor Fields
To capture additional information when your visitors are signing in you can do so by adding Custom Fields. We offer multiple field configuration options, these being text, email, phone and yes/no, once added, these additional fields can be reorder by dragging and dropping them into place.
The text field will allow for an open-ended question to be input for the visitor to answer.
The email field will allow for the visitor to only input an email address within this field, information that does not match an @email.com will not be accepted.
The phone field will allow for the visitor to only input a phone number within this field, only the numerical keyboard will be available for the visitor on the iPad.
- Required: This means that the field is required and the Visitor will not be able to progress unless they fill it out.
- Clear response after each visit (Saved Visitors): This will clear any information input into this field for visitors that return and have enabled the 'remember me' option.
The Yes/No field will allow for a question to be input with a yes or no option for the visitor to select from as opposed to typing their response freely as they can within the Text field.
- I want to send an email alert: Once enabled, select the answer, yes or no, that if selected by the visitor, will result in this information being sent to the designated email or phone number.
- Sent alert to host: If enabled this will allow for not only the designated email and phone number within the notification settings view to receive this information but the visitors selected host also.
If a yes/no visitor field has been enabled, an email or phone number can be set up in addition to the host receiving this information. Simply enter the email and phone number within the Alert Notifications view that sits in the Notification Settings view of the Settings menu.
Reordering and hiding fields
Custom visitor fields can also be reordered, to do so, click and drag from the right of the field and drop in the preferred order.
To hide a field as opposed to removing, click on the eye icon and this will no longer display on the iPad.
Visitor Categories are useful to create and enable in order to capture more information, this will display on the iPad for the visitor to select one of these set categories in order to sign in.
- Disable Employee Selection: These categories can then be modified slightly so that the requirement to select an Employee can be disabled. This is handy when you have a regular Visitor (such as a partner firm or contractor) who needs to sign in, but does not necessarily need to meet an Employee.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or email@example.com for any questions or support you may require.