Connecting the printer to wifi via Windows
- Navigate to the Brother support website here.
- Select your country/region and click on 'Product Search'.
- Type in the printer model and click on the 'Downloads' button.
- Click 'Search', this will automatically detect your operating system.
- Click on the 'Full Software Package' and input the last seven digits from the serial number; locate this inside the printer just below the label roll.
- Follow the prompt from the brother set up wizard within the printer driver to connect to the wifi network of your choice.
*Please note, it is very common during the installation process to connect your printer and computer temporarily via USB, even if you're setting up your printer for WiFi printing.
Your printer and iPad must be on the same network, or at least on two networks that have protocols set up that allow them to communicate with one another. If not, SwipedOn will not be able to connect to the printer.
If you intend to print via Bluetooth (QL-820 NWB only), then you do not have to connect your printer to a WiFi network.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
- Printer connection via Apple OS
- How to connect a label printer manually
- How do I connect my QL-820NWB printer on Bluetooth
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or support you may require.