What are Admin Roles?
Admin roles are assigned to employees that require access to the SwipedOn web dashboard. These roles are comprised of company admins and location managers.
- The Company Admin role elevates the privileges of a user and allows them to configure company-wide changes. A company admin has access to all tabs within the SwipedOn web dashboard.
- The Location Manager allows for lower-level privileges. Meaning a location manager can only perform basic functions and does not have access to any of the 'Settings' or 'Account' tabs. A location manager can create and assign additional Location Manager roles only for the location that they have been assigned.
Where can I configure admin roles?
- Navigate to the 'Admin Roles' tab on the left of the screen of the SwipedOn web dashboard.
- Create a role by selecting the Add Admin Role button located in the upper right corner.
- If selecting Create Employee with Admin Role, please be aware that any users created here will also show in the Employees view and on the iPad view.
- If selecting Choose from Existing Employees, you will be able to search for an employees details that are already uploaded as an employee and assign them a company admin or location manager role.
*Please note, when an account is created with SwipedOn, the email address used to register the company is automatically elevated to a 'company admin'. There must be at least one company admin associated with the SwipedOn account.
*A Location Manager cannot create or assign the Company Admin role to another employee or Location Manager.
*If a Location Manager signs in at another location associated with the same account, they will then become a location manager for the location they have signed into.
__________________________________________________________________Related support articles:
- Removing an Admin Role
- Changing your Password
- Forgotten password - How do I reset my SwipedOn Dashboard password?
*Our support team is available 24x5 via the live chat bubble or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or support you may require.