Yes, this can be achieved by forwarding the email notification to Slack!
For individual Slack notifications (notifications to your own slack):
A forwarding email address can be input so email notifications are also sent to via Slackbot! in Slack when a visitor selects their hosts name.
To achieve this, please follow the below steps:
- From your desktop Slack app, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Choose 'Preferences' from the menu.
- Select 'Messages & Media'.
- Scroll down and click on 'Get a Forwarding Address' and copy this address.
- Within the SwipedOn web dashboard, paste the slack-generated address into the Assistant Email CC field for the employee on their profile.
*If you are unsure how to access the employees profile, please find out help article here.
*Alternatively the Slack forwarding email can also be used in place of the employee's main email if they do not want to receive notifications to both email and Slack.
For Slack notifications to a channel (all notifications to a slack channel):
If your workspace is on a paid Slack account, it can connect the Email app and post emails to any channel. Email notifications that are sent to Slack work the same as other messages posted in Slack: they are indexed and searchable by anyone who is part of the conversation.
To set this up, please follow the below steps:
- Visit Slack’s App Directory and search for the Email app.
- Click 'Install' or 'Add Configuration' if already installed.
- Choose a channel that the email notifications will be sent to.
- Click 'Add Email Integration'.
- Copy the Email Address, emails sent to this address will post in the channel of your choice.
- Review the app's settings and customize the label, name, and icon.
- Click 'Save Integration'.
- In the SwipedOn dashboard: Paste the Slack-generated address into the Global CC or Central Email field under: Settings > Notification Settings.
*If you are unsure how to add the email address to a Central or Global email fields, please find our help article that will step through this process here.