Here at SwipedOn, we have created a simple process to help upload and update employee information using a CSV file and the bulk upload option.
When creating the CSV file, there are some fields that you will be required to input in order to successfully upload the employees, below we have listed the required fields.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Custom Fields (that can be created in Employee Settings)
Phone numbers are used by SwipedOn to send employee SMS text notifications. Our SMS text platform requires International Phone number formats, due to our global distribution of customers. Therefore, phone numbers entered need to be in the following format:
- Each number must be a valid phone number.
- Each number must be at least 7 digits.
- Each number must have the correct International Country Code Prefix e.g +64
(This can be achieved by selecting the countries flag in the employees profile this will apply the International Country Code Prefix).
- Letter characters will not be accepted. e.g "Ext" will not be allowed.
Pro tip: If you wish to add an extension number, that does not conform to the above requirements, please set up a Custom Field called "Phone Ext" or similar. Use this filed in your bulk upload.
Email Address Format
Email address must be valid and formatted correctly. Here are some examples that will fail:
- test@@example.com - This has two "@"
- test @example.com - this has a space
- test@example. - This does not have a suffix
Rules and Permissions
- An employee can only be uploaded into a single location - the row will fail to import if you try to import a user which already exists in another location or company.
- Company Admins can import users into any location within the company account.
- Location Admins can only import user into their location.
*For further help with uploading the employees in bulk, please find our help article here.